Your Child's Reading Journey Begins with Welcome to Reading. As a parent, or grandparent, there is no greater gift you can give a child than the gift of reading. World Book's Welcome to Reading supports the literacy skills children will need to excel in both school and life. Welcome to Reading offers a powerful print resource to help your child learn to read.
Welcome to Reading provides young children with a sequence of learning opportunities in reading. This program is centered around 48 engaging Little Books at four levels that will help engender and appreciation for and love of reading. In using this program, children will have opportunities to strengthen their phonics and vocabulary skills and improve their reading comprehension.
In addition to the Little Books, the program includes a Parent Guide with detailed instructions on how to help your child's reading progress.
- 48 Little Books-12 for each Level A, B, C, D
- Program Handbook, 128 pages
- Anthology of Stories and Poems, 136 pages
- Flashcards, 240 cards for Levels A, B, C, D, plus Parent's Pack
- Four audio CDs
- Activity Booklet, 32 pages
- Writing Workbook, 64 pages
- Prepaid Subscription Card to Welcome to Reading online